Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mid Term of Death

As I sat in class Tuesday morning taking a mid term for my news-writing class, I began to wonder, "Why are my freshman level classes the hardest ones on my schedule?" This test was rocking me. The previous night I delayed studying to edit a friends paper. Unfortunately this took much longer than expected and of course I decided to study in the morning. 

Of course, morning came much sooner than I wanted and by the time I was dressed and ready to go, I had about 15 minutes to study. The hard part was I didn't know how or what to study. Our test wouldn't be multiple choice, or a writing sample. All I could do was read through my notes and hope they would save me.

The test took me all 75 minutes to complete. Most of the time I'd get half the answer and had to make up the rest. I left discouraged. That test had taken me for a ride.

This morning he handed our mid terms back...I was dreading the outcome. My heart sank as I turned the pages trying to find my score. So, you can imagine my surprise when I saw I had received a 94%!

So here's to news-writing...maybe I'm not as horrible as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment