Saturday, June 20, 2009

Some Kind of Wonderful

Foreword: After reading through some past entries, I noticed one phrase that seemed to reappear a few times. "Here's to you." So after some inspiration, I will begin a new type of posting...Toasts! So whenever I feel something needs recognition, I will do it in this form. Enjoy!

Toast #1

After having extensive conversations with my good friend Lori about my pathetic lack of a successful love life, she reminded me of the 1987 film that would hopefully lift my spirits. Its been years since I'd last seen it, so I gave it a shot.

If you've never seen "Some Kind of Wonderful," drop whatever you're doing right now and drive to your local video store and rent it! I don't know how I've been missing it in my life. If you are anything like me, the storyline seems to fit perfectly into your life on a number of occasions, with the exception of the ending. The good news is...you only need one really good ending!

So here's to you, Watts, for giving hope to girls across America since 1987. May your legend pull us out of the man-hating depressions and help us find our own Keith Nelsons.

1 comment:

  1. Lori (yours truly)July 6, 2009 at 10:35 AM

    I forgot her name was Watts (really dig that name) and your post now makes me want to watch it again. Who cares if I'm an old married woman now with 3 small kiddos (married to my own Keith Nelson no less)???? I'm always a sucker for such a good love story. Don't give up cuz it'll come along when you least expect it.!!! Thanks for the toast!

    ReplyDelete