Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Flea Market


Last year, when I applied to be the Activities Director on the Programming Board at Utah State, I had to come up with some new and original ideas for events. One of my very favorite ideas, was a flea market. I wanted an event where students who were graduating, getting married, or just had stuff they no longer wanted could sell to other students. I also thought it would be great for young artists to make a little profit off of their talents.

Well this year, my event became a reality. I joined up with the Entrepreneur Club at USU and we created a really great event. It was small, but turned out great for being a first year event. Many students from the art guild sold pieces, and a lot of clubs came to sell their left-over t-shirts. We had some really great bands play and even served Scotsman dogs, a Utah State delicacy.

I'm really thrilled with how it turned out and hope to see it do even better next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment